I’ve decided to have a second go at making a better Si-Holga.
And by better I mean that in the sense it’s getting more stuff. The new one will be based off of the TLR Holga. So it will have a mirror based TLR style viewfinder to look through and guestimate framing. It also features a flash with a gel scroller! And my favorite feature is that it has a tripod shoe and a bulb mode shutter.
This all however comes at a price. It’s more complicated a camera so I can’t just CHOP it all up. I have to actually watch where I cut and how I re-organize parts. So inherently this will be more than a 2 day build. Especially if I want to make it look better than the Mark I. It’s not going to be like looking at an SLR or anything but it won’t be as ugly as a big duct tapped mess. Future iterations will improve the look and I’m currently exploring the option of having a proper wired trigger replaced the shutter release on the holga. That should make the bulb more less useless. I will also look into actually integrating in a hotshoe somewhere on the polaroid back.
Anyways at the moment I’ve reorganized parts and re-spaced the TLR holga to take a polaroid back. Tomorrow night I hope to be attaching the back and giving the camera a whirl.